I love having just a small amount of sequin peeking out. It is a subtle way to add a bit of glam to any look. This sequin collar shirt I can wear under a chunky knit sweater, or under a fitted long sleeve, stripped shirt. Embellished collars are a great way to dress up a shirt and add personality into your outfit. Although there maybe many shirts with embellished collars out there, I recommend making it yourself at least once. It will make you feel accomplished that you recreated an expensive runway look for less. Give it a go!
What you will need:
- Button-down shirt with a collar (like this)
- Sequin trim (1/2 inch in width) (like this)
- Aleene’s Jewel It Glue
What to do:
- Lay out the collar of the shirt flat on the table.
- Measure out and cut enough sequin trim to cover the collar from one edge to the next, curving on the sides.
- Place glue on the collar and then glue the first row of sequin trim. Use pins to keep the sequin trim in place.
- Measure out the next rows and glue them down until the collar is covered completely.
- Let dry over night!
Embellished Collar Trend